Is your card lost or stolen? Please call ASAP!
- Consumer: 1-800-558-3424
- Business: 1-866-552-8855
- 1-888-853-7100 during business hours
- 1-800-264-5578 after hours
- 1-412-552-2698 after hours (if calling from outside the US)
If you identify any fraudulent transactions on your account, please remember to contact the bank immediately– this will proactively prevent any further fraud from occurring. You will limit your liability for any fraudulent charges that have already posted to your account as well as prevent any future fraudulent activity.*
We offer a full dispute resolution service that can be reached by phone at 1-866-987-1457 (USA and Canada) or 1-972-677-5852 (if calling from outside the USA or Canada), Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am EST to 8:00 pm EST. Contacting this service center will initiate provisional credit to your account after the transaction posts to your account.
We monitor for unusual card activity on behalf of our customers. If we detect suspicious or out of pattern activity, we will make every effort to contact you and verify the activity; if we can’t reach you, a temporary block may be placed on your card for your protection.
Fraud Protection Tips
Being aware of scams and solicitation for fraudulent purposes goes a long way in protecting your personal information. Scams are perpetrated any number of ways, arriving via the internet, telephone or traditional mail and designed to make you act impulsively.
- For more information about protecting your security, privacy and account information please visit www.onguardonline.gov. We encourage you to use the information in this link to identify and mitigate risks that could harm the safety and security of your information and your accounts. Because thieves and fraudsters are constantly changing and updating their methods, you should periodically re-visit this link to obtain new protection ideas.
- It's also important to keep an eye on your credit information to prevent becoming a victim of identity theft and fraud. You are entitled to one free Personal Credit Report in a 12-month period. To request this free annual report visit www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Please review your account(s) on a regular basis for any unauthorized transactions. You can do this by viewing your monthly statements, or reviewing your transactions through Bar Harbor Online or Bar Harbor Mobile.
- The Bank will never contact you via email or text to ask for account numbers, card numbers, passwords or PINs. Please do not reply to any emails or texts that ask you to confirm account details or personal information. If in doubt, please contact the Bank immediately.
*If your card is stolen or lost and you notify the bank within two business days after discovering it is missing, under federal law your liability will be limited to $50. If you fail to notify us within two business days, your liability could be up to $500 for fraudulent charges resulting from a stolen or lost card. Fraudulent activity that does not involve a lost or stolen card must be reported within 60 calendar days of receipt of your statement that shows the fraudulent activity. Please consult your Debit Card Agreement for further information.