McCrillis & Eldredge Insurance is an independent insurance agency providing quality protection to businesses, individuals, and families in New Hampshire & Vermont since 1890.
The agency was founded in 1890 by John McCrillis with the office originally located within the Newport Court House. His son John W. McCrillis joined the agency in 1925. In 1957, H. Newcomb Eldredge entered the agency. His grandson John C. McCrillis joined the agency in 1964 and soon after the agency expanded and relocated to Depot Street in Newport. At that time, the business changed to its current name McCrillis and Eldredge Insurance. The agency opened a location in New London in 1971 and in 1998 the Newport location relocated to its current location on Main Street.
Today the agency is run by two of his great grandsons, Christopher C. Eldredge and J. David McCrillis, who have been with the agency since 1981 and 1992 respectively. The Brandon, Vermont location opened its doors in 2013.
Our principles of providing superior customer service and quality insurance solutions for our customers have continued since the agency’s inception over 125 years ago.
McCrillis & Eldredge Insurance is a subsidiary of Bar Harbor Bank & Trust.